Thursday 17 May 2012

Latest commission

I know that I have been talking about my sock animals lately and that is because I have just launched them onto the internet. But they are not my only makes. I have painted and sold a few pictures ranging from fields of poppies, to african landscapes to portraits. My latest client has given me permission to put her painting here so that others will be able to see it. She bought it for her mother's birthday and is thrilled with the result. The photo I have is nearing the final stages but there was still some finishing touches and refinement to be done after the photo was taken.



Pop art style portrait.

The client had requested this style and said that she wanted to capture the fun relationship that is between her mum and her children. It was tricky because I was using several different photos. Composing the picture and getting each head in proportion was a challenge.

I would be interested to know what people think.
At the moment my artwork is sold and commissioned through word of mouth so I would also be interested in any ideas as to how I could market this.

No comments:

Post a Comment